On Drupal Camp Wrocław 2013, Tomasz Rychter had session about Vagrant as a tool for creating perfect development environment.
On this session, I would like to introduce additional application of Vagrant - a solution to create fully-functional, on-demand testing environment.
With this tool, infrastructure can exist just for time of tests execution, and after that be disappear in void. Hopefully, this can dramatically drop costs of infrastructure - we pay only for infrastructure during tests execution.
1. Vagrant & Chef - quick introduction.
2. Motivation for on-demand environment - why we should care?
3. Vagrant plugins - what they provide? Supported hosting providers.
4. How to automatize creation and destruction of testing environment?
5. Demo - performance testing (Test process using Jenkins + JMeter + Vagrant).
6. Other possibilities / Use cases.